Will MRSA Kill Me?
MRSA isn’t a death sentence.
- 1 in 3 people in your town have the SA part which can also be a problem if you are ill or have a wound.
- MRSA is more of a problem because there are less drugs to treat it not because it is always more destructive than an ordinary staph infection.
- For many people incision of their skin infection is enough.
- For those in relatively good health antibiotics will often cure a more aggressive infection.
- Death as a result of a simple MRSA infection is rare.
- Most deaths are in people with other existing illnesses.
Will MRSA kill you – probably not unless you are already quite ill.